My conference in Jacksonville was interesting. I did enjoy the information I received. Unfortunately, I left with a VERY bad taste in my mouth. Here is the low-down…
– I arrived Tuesday afternoon before the 1.000 other attendees arrived. Got settled in my room and ran into some co-workers. I decided (against my better judgment) to go have an early dinner with them. It turned into a 2 FUCKING HOUR game of “Where we were going to eat?” Disaster.. Period..
– Met up with a bunch of people I worked with years ago and some quite sexy colleagues I met throughout my career. One particular “Boss” caught my eye. So what if he is married. I can fantasize, can’t I? Anyways, nothing ever happened, but I could tell he was checking me out and flirted with me. My suspicions were confirmed Wednesday evening when a Fire Fighter convention checked into the hotel and the bar was filled with fire fighters. Can you say YUMMMM!! Say it with me… Anyways, I regress.. I noticed how he was checking them out, especially their crotches, when the fire fighters were talking to our group.
– A “Boss” who I know but do not work with and who I have always suspected was gay confirmed by suspicions. I found his Craigslist ad Tuesay evening. I did not give it a whole lot of weight until we had lunch on Wednesday. I learned a few things about him as the group chatted. His ad was DEAD ON!! I just giggled every time I saw him.
– I did drive all over Jacksonville and learned the neighborhoods of “Crack Ally, Hooker Row, Homelessville and Tranny Central.” Need a tour of any large city, “Yeah, I’m classy that way!”
– Thursday evening was my “Biggest Mistake.” I had cocktails with co-workers. BIG MISTAKE. I guess during that time, a manager texted another manager that I was gossiping about her. Mind you, I was not drunk and even looking to get drunk. Apparently, asking what someone was doing for the evening turned into “Do you know what he is saying about you?” It got ugly on Friday with the Assistant Boss chewing my ass out at 10 a.m. I did see The Boss before I left and we talked for 15 minutes about the situation. All I could say is, “This is why I DID NOT HANG OUT WITH ANYONE PRIOR TO THIS!” Yeah, I was pissed. The Boss was really cool about it said we would deal with it Monday. All I know it had to be one of two managers who work on the same team with this woman who claimed I was gossiping about her.
– I enjoyed my weekend and did not worry about the shit at work. Had a great time Friday evening with my friend Manny, just lounging on Saturday, and darts on Sunday with my BFF Mike and my group of friends.
– I had a workshop to attend Monday and I figured out who was the person was who threw me under the bus. This person was involved at the workshop when I arrived, but I realized she was missing for 2 hours this morning when we went to small groups. She avoided me upon her arrival to the workshop and I avoided her. I was able to leave this afternoon with out having to deal with this situation.
So, there you have it. The good, the bad, and the ugly. So many lessons learned. June 30 cannot come soon enough. I will be in Sarasota then until who knows when. I am so ready for my vacation!!